Starting date: ASAP | Expires: 15/03/2019 | Salary: Negotiable | Location: Nailsea, Bristol
We are looking for a full-time Web Development Apprentice to join our fast growing team.
Based in Nailsea, just outside of Bristol, Squarebird works with clients of all sizes across the South West, providing web and marketing solutions to firms in consultancy, healthcare, motorsports, and industrial firms, as well as many local organisations and start-ups.
The successful candidate will become a key part of our team, working with the Lead Web Developer to help with the delivery of new client projects, website maintenance and updates.
You will learn how to interpret a professional website design and develop it from a visual concept to a live website.
The role will include:
- Assisting with website builds and developments
- Maintaining existing websites
- Optimising websites for search engines (SEO)
- Editing videos and images
- Liaising with clients and assisting with managing their website
- Working with the design team to turn their concepts into live websites
Who should apply?
We are looking for a person with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to learn, who possesses great people skills. You should enjoy the buzz and fast pace of a growing agency, bringing a sense of fun to work.
Key knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of creating and editing WordPress websites essential
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Able to use an Apple Mac
- Skills within Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good planning skills
- Confident on the phone and managing clients
- Knowledge of social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
The successful candidate will have 5 GCSE Grades (4+ / C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English. An IT qualification is also desirable. We would also consider graduates who would like to explore the possibility of an Advanced Apprenticeship.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering email/letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Closing date: Friday 15th March 2019